- Perform core cyber-security operation functions such as security monitoring, vulnerability management and application security.
- Monitor and perform deeper analysis, trending and root cause analysis of security events from SIEM, whilst creating process and procedures where none are already established.
- Perform AppSec assessments for selected applications using a combination of threat modelling, vulnerability research, code scanning, application security testing and recommendation of proper remediation actions.
- Support a continuous vulnerability scanning and reporting program encompassing a vast network of internal and public-facing IT assets across multiple platforms and architectures.
- Experience in discovery of vulnerabilities, prioritization of data and vulnerabilities, remediation of vulnerabilities, and verification through risk-based analysis of findings.
- Create and enhance threat detection use cases to identify suspicious cyber threats or anomaly activities.
- Be on standby rotation for cyber operations duty.
- Degree/Diploma or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in cyber security operations or cyber security engineering.
- Strong knowledge of various automated security control systems, encryption, message authentication, vulnerability assessment, threat intelligence intrusion detection, penetration testing and incident response.
- Experience responding to security events, including front-line analysis and escalation, on hacktivist, cybercrime, and APT activity.
- Good knowledge in Incident response lifecycle, different Operating Systems, TCP/IP networking and application layers.
- Provide after-hours support on an on-demand basis.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision on assignments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, oral and written communications skills.
- Security certification is preferred, such as GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN) or GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
- At least 3 years of experience as a SOC senior security analyst or vulnerability management analyst