- Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Developing custom blueprints and workflows using NSX, vRA and vRO to automate and simplify tasks.
- Provisioning and cloning virtual machines and server appliances as needed.
- Maintaining and restoring virtual machine “backups” and snapshots.
- Performing upgrades and applying patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Providing support for server hardware failures and assist remotely with hardware replacement.
- Participating in the on-call support rotation, responding to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides.
- Completing service requests or incidents tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems and key processes.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
- Supporting the operations and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize.
- Good to know Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- Fully proficient and have working knowledge and experience on VMware, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (2012, 2016, 2019), Windows Terminal Service, Microsoft Active Directory, Redhat Linux Operating Systems, SharePoint services, IIS and/or other industry standard server platform services
- Requires advanced understanding of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls and network protocols and services, including WAN/Frame Relay/MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.
- Python and Bash scripting would be an added advantage
- Good understanding on project and program management
- Strong communication and technical skills, prior experience of leading teams and working on a highly process driven environment
- Worked in an environment practicing ITIL based service management
- Certification on MCSA/MCSE, VCP6.5-DCV (VMware), Microsoft Azure or AWS will be preferred.
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Direct Contract employment.