- Design and build function-centric solutions in the context of transition from traditional, legacy platforms to microservices architectures
- Define and refactor multi-channel client architecture offering and providing differentiated end-user experiences by leveraging containerization and cloud technology
- Outline the governance and microservices development guiding principles as well as ensuring the best practices are followed by the development team
- Work collaboratively with an agile, scrum-based team to understand the business domain and client requirements that drive analysis, architecture/design and development of quality technical solutions and deliverables. These solutions cross a broad spectrum of technologies and must align with business and IT strategies and to comply with the organization’s architectural and security standards.
- Participate in coordinated planning sessions and provide effort estimates for business initiatives of IT solutions
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of hands–on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, with Spring boot framework knowledge and experience
- Advanced skills implementing SOA, API and microservices architecture using any of the market leading solutions
- Experience in implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available services is a must.
- A strong hands-on development track records building integration and application utilizing a variety of technologies, development tools and database systems.
- Experience with containerization and cloud technologies (eg. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Dockers, Mesos, AWS) as well as DevOps and testing tools (Git, SVN, TFS, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Nexus, Selenium, SonarQube)
- Experience with cloud-based, CD/CI or DevOps development environment