- Responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Leverage detailed system administration and engineering knowledge and experience to support triage, troubleshooting, and repair of production devices
- Specalize in one or more of the below functional areas to resolve escalations from tier 1 resources utilizing complex problem solving and network troubleshooting expertise. - IP Network Engineering - Expertise in Routing & Switching - IPv4/6, Unicast/Multicast, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, IPSEC, MPLS, QoS, EVPN, ECMP, and expert knowledge on OEM vendors including HPE
- Edge Network and Infrastructure Engineering - Expert knowledge in servers, RSW’s, CDN, linux administration, BGP, netflow, peering, ODM, NTP servers and expert knowledge on OEM vendors including HPE Proliant series hardware.
- DNS and NTP services
- Work across teams in a collaborative formation, be responsible for team mentorship, technology advances and direction, while also supporting project managers and network operations engineers as a consultant and subject matter advisor on specific network related topologies or technologies.
- Follow defined procedures and utilize tools to collect data and resolve network issues within defined SLAs. Engage with 3rd party vendors, OEMs, and field services to facilitate resolution.
- Escalate to Operations Engineering Leads to resolve complex or high priority issues.
- Identify, develop, and deploy continuous improvement initatives including analytics/dashboards, automations, workflows, process, tools, and training.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum four (5) years system adminstration / Linux adminstration and management experience
- Minimum one (1) year Routing Protocol experience – BGP, IS-IS, MPLS
- At least four (4) years of Data network experience
- Proficient in routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, CDP, LACP, BGP, and ISIS/OSPF/EIGRP.
- Proficient with IPv4/IPv6 and able to develop new/modify network build and troubleshooting scripts with scripting languages like Python, Linux/Unix Shell, JSP, Ruby, Perl along with Linux and other OS knowledge including kernel
- Experience with field-based work with/in POPs, metro, Colo, or Enterprise/Business Office environments.
- Good Customer experience including managing task queues and interfacing with external vendors or Enterprise customers.
- Adequate communication skills, reading, writing, and ability to interact with the teams.
- Certification such as CompTIA, CCNA/JNCIP, CCNP/JNCIP or equivalent experience preferred.
- Accomplished written and verbal communication skills
Additional Job Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience in network devices and basic network appliances • Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- At least one of the following: CCNA, JNCIS, NRSII or other applicable certifications.
- Experience in HPE servers
- Linux administration certification
- Working knowledge of MSO based tools and ticketing systems – Examples: Remedy, NetBrain, WAE, Optical EMS, JIRA, Smartsheet, Chalk
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency contract employment.