Kindly note that Jobline will be offline for maintenance on this Friday (May 14, 2021) from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Reports to Senior Manager for IT System Administration & Support on Secured Network.
- The IT System Engineer shall undertake the role of System Administrator (SA) and Network Administrator (NA) and proactively manage and maintain servers/services to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime.
- Proactively monitor system performance and perform capacity planning to develop ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Ensure regular vulnerability assessments are performed in accordance to organizational policies and practices.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on infrastructure managed.
- Ensure error-free server backups and perform restoration tests or disaster recovery exercises when required.
- Set up User accounts and workstations, Ensure security through access controls.
- Ensure network security, efficiency and availability for entire IT infrastructure.
- Ensure the Implementation of IT Security System that are aligned to Corporate IT Policies and guidelines.
- Perform necessary reviews in accordance to compliance policies or practices. (e.g. account reviews, log reviews etc)
- Maintain proper documentation according to organizational policies and practices.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation for Network switches, Servers and workstations.
- Coordinate / Perform Level 1,2 and 3 support and helpdesk service requests.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Diploma/ Degree in Computer Science or Information System.
- Qualified and trained in Microsoft Windows Server , VMware, Cisco Certified Network Administration, and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification will be an advantage.
- Knowledge & experience in handling Microsoft Window Servers Technologies (2012, 2016, 2019 - Active Directory, DHCP, Exchange Emails) , VMware Server Virtualization, Cisco Networking Switches, EMC Network Access Storage, Windows 10 & above Desktops Support.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in system administration.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Liaise with vendors, internal stakeholders and/or customers to identify troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN), patch management and Knowledge of system security (eg Network Access Control & End Point protection).