- Supports and maintains infrastructure operations; monitors infrastructure performance and resolution of technical problems.
- Leads high impact projects, prioritises and assigns tasks to ensure that team’s resources are used effectively and that infrastructure projects are implemented in accordance with plans and budgets.
- Identifies and resolves highly complex or specialised issues that may require the establishment of new techniques and processes.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends improvements.
- Required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
Assist with infrastructure planning and design
- Assist with the planning and design of infrastructure systems
- Assist with the documentation of infrastructure design and planning activities and decisions
Support infrastructure operations
- Perform infrastructure operations activities such as installations of infrastructure systems according to design specifications
- Align infrastructure operations with agreed service agreement standards
- Perform activities related to ongoing maintenance of infrastructure
- Assist with the implementation of agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines
Optimise infrastructure performance
- Perform ongoing tuning and optimisation of infrastructure hardware and software components such as updates and upgrades
- Participate in infrastructure development activities
- Assist with infrastructure testing and implementation
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting
- Assist with piloting of new tools, technologies, and/or processes
- Perform problem/issue identification and resolution
- Assist with simulation of user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Follow up with users to ensure problem has been resolved
- Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- CCNP/ITIL certification required, CCIE preferred.
- Experience in design, implementing, managing and supporting a sizeable and complex network infrastructure and operation in a large organisation with off-site, subsidiaries/business unit.
- Strong knowledge in Enterprise IT infrastructure covering Routing, Switching, Data Centre Nexus, Cisco ACI, Load Balancers and Security Devices.
- Strong vendor, service level and project management skill.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills, showing leadership with a positive working attitude.