- Analyse problems, perform troubleshooting, and track problems through resolution.
- Responsible for monitoring activities, such as network and bandwidth usage
- When necessary, escalate problems to the appropriate stakeholders / principals
- Ensure generation and management of support tickets according to SLA requirements
- Schedule and run periodic maintenance for network infrastructure at the data centre
- Plan and manage change request and / or maintenance activities for network operations including firmware patches.
- Ensuring zero service level breaches and achieve 100% compliance with policy and procedure.
- Perform Change Request, Service Request as assigned by team lead according to the SLA.
- Managing of Cisco Routers and Switches and perform firmware patching on network equipment.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, although consideration will be given to experience and certifications in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a network engineer within the operations environment.
- Good grasp of technical skills (network)
- Must possess CCNA / CCNP certification
- Past working experience in Cloud environment is an advantage
- Good understanding and appreciation of network and system design
- Keen sense of urgency for service performance issues
- Able to handle demanding service response and recovery turnaround
- Able to manage daily support tasks to meet stringent SLA requirements
- Excellent scheduling and multitasking skills
- Good organization skills, with ability to properly document and track information.
- ITIL certification will be an added advantage.
Shortlisted candidate will be offered a 1 year Agency Contract employment