- Perform Backup system administration such as installation/configuration of backup and recovery services, disaster recovery, problem resolution and backup performance tuning.
- Perform Backup administration using Veritas Netbackup and other backup tools.
- Develop methodologies and best practices in implementing Backup solutions for Mission Critical Database Systems (eg MS SQL, Oracle, DB2), Exchange, Sharepoint, VMware, Redhat Linux Virtualization.
- Ownership of root cause analysis related to incidents and Investigation into root cause using available information, leveraging vendor knowledge and support, and creation of remediation plans to rectify the problem.
- Creation and update operational, configuration, and performance health check processes and procedures.
- Creation of run-books for work done by L1& L2 operational teams periodically, and during an incident.
- Assessment of compliance with IT control policies, and creation and on-time execution of remediation plans for gaps identified.
- Conduct annual disaster recovery planning exercise and follow up with DR procedure updates.
- Manages small-scale technical projects to resolve problems with appropriate technology and improve operations support.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be a team player with at least 5 years’ experience in Backup technologies.
- Experience of managing 24x7 operations for mission-critical services.
- Experience in working with Data Protection using Veritas Netbackup and other backup tools.
- Good knowledge of Backup operations to support daily operational activities for backup/recovery and storage
- Good knowledge in providing routine preventive measures,
- Implementation, maintenance and monitoring data protection.
- Ability to understand integration with infrastructure and systems.
- Good knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting backup in environment having servers with Windows, Unix/Solaris/Linux & VMware platform and Redhat Virtualisation.
- Knowledge of working with Veritas disk appliance, Data domain or any disk to disk backup and Tape library like Quantum, StorageTek.
- Good technical IT operations background in server virtualization, disaster recovery, server backups and storage management
- Knowledge in hardware, server, storage and virtualization technologies.
- A service-oriented person with effective interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good command of written and oral English
- Ability to communicate clearly with people at different levels
- Good team player who can also carry out assignments independently
- Good knowledge in scripting and automation will be an advantage
- Certifications in Backup and Storage management will be an advantage
- Certification in ITIL
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.