Execute Systems Administration Service Levels
- Monitor systems performance and usage, including response times
- Supervise backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
- Determine the systems’ short- and long-term requirements
- Manage systems report production
Advise on System Capabilities
- Provide technical advice to the team and clients on installation, setup, configuration of systems
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Implement plans to make systems available to users in a shared, secure and controlled manner
Develop New Systems
- Lead the development of new systems as per the system requirements
- Design security and integrity controls
- Conduct new systems testing and implementation
- Define the system maintenance procedures
- Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs
- Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
Optimise systems performance
- Seek opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
- Conduct regular system audits and upgrades
- Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
- Oversee the assessment of risks to systems
- Identify complex system issues to provide advisory to the stakeholders
- Investigate cause of systems issues
- Resolve complex issues
- Provide escalation support for issues presented by the user
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in data centre operations supporting Wintel system. Solid experience in server virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare. Familiar with the latest virtualization and Windows technology.
- Strong in PowerShell and other scripting language. Proven track record on leveraging the scripting knowledge for automation and process improvement.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Certification in MCSE preferred. Possession of ITSM knowledge will be added advantage.
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.