- Implement and monitor import/export policies, procedures and best practices to ensure compliance with import/export requirements, in accordance to Singapore Customs Act and in particular, U.S. Export Control Regulations.
- Provide support with the request of end-user undertakings and address queries raised by internal customers related to the undertakings.
- Provide supervision and guidance to business units on regulatory changes and compliance matters, such as adherence to the provisos or license conditions imposed by the exporting country and any other specific conditions that may be applicable for any defence export activities.
- Develop and establish best practices to enable the overall visibility of the status of all export controlled items within the company; with records of all related documents on export controlled items such as the acquisition and disposition of such items.
- Prepare accurate and compliant import/export paperwork and maintain complete records for internal audit and relevant authorities audit on defence export activities.
- Participate in planning, organizing, and supporting company export compliance training seminars and other compliance initiatives.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders in the clearance for foreign visitors and participation in international exhibitions.
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in engineering or in a technical field, with at least 5 years’ work experience in the area of export controls and defence technology systems, ideally with experience related to defence, military or highly regulated tech industries is preferred.
- Good experience and knowledge of the Singapore Strategic Good (Control) Act and U.S. Export Control Regulations (ITAR, EAR, etc.) would be a plus.
- Possession of good interpersonal and communication skills is required.
- Strong analytical and planning abilities to anticipate and proactively address issues and develop solutions.