- Assisting the Support Engineer or Software Engineer in problem resolution beyond the capability of the 1st Level Support Staff.
- Ensuring that the System runs according to contractual specifications after problem resolution.
- Providing advice on system / database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Ensuring deployments of approved patches/releases are implemented accordingly to Change Request.
- Complete all Service Requested accordingly to SLA timeframe.
- Assisting the Customer in the verification, isolation and/or provision of a temporary work-around for the problem logged beyond 2nd Level Support Staff capability.
- Escalating unsolvable system problems and service request to the OEM/Vendor for technical support.
- Coordinating system development tasks to include design, integration and formal testing on the Change Request.
- Overseeing all transitions into production on the Change Request.
- Developing and complete actions in system specifications, technical and logistical requirements and other disciplines on the Change Request.
- Creating and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution on the Change Request.
- Managing and document system configurations on the Change Request.
- Generating the relevant administrative records and reports.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience, including host platform security, server consolidation, virtualization.
- 3+ years of experience in virtualization. Scripting experience including Perl, Ruby, or Python.
- RHCE or RHCA preferred
- Red Hat Linux system administration, patching, upgrading, troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux environments. (Red hat Satellite, YUM, Apache, McAfee NAILs, SE Linux).
- Experience with Linux deployment and (configuration) management systems: e.g. Red Hat Satellite manager, Ansible Tower.
- Experience with NetApp FAS storage solutions preferred.
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, Oracle) preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good documenting capabilities (to be proven by set of reference documents).
- Past working experience in Cloud environment is an advantage
Shortlisted candidate will be offered a 1 year Agency Contract employment