- Daily operations of all managed Network equipment, including daily checks on the network health and connectivity on the WAN and LAN
- Plan and execute in depth technical activity, influencing the direction of activities/plans and providing technical insight and guidance to others
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Co-ordinate with Customer appointed WAN/Lease lines circuit service providers for installation or fault diagnosis.
- Provide advice, technical assistance and support on network equipment setup, deployment, commissioning and decommissioning.
- Ensure network connectivity of third party equipment in the network
- Provide proactive escalation and Network support for network equipment
- Perform trouble-shooting and resolve network problems
- Assess impacts of network upgrades on applications and co-ordinate with application teams on network upgrades.
- Work with Network Switch provider for all upgrades, installations, testing to ensure compatibility, application of patches, firmware and latest drivers to the Network infrastructure.
- Apply patches or perform upgrade on all software used, including firmware upgrade
- Test, patch, maintain and document structured cabling systems (including cable label, patch panel, structured cabling, network patching and etc)
- Configure, test and generate reports using Network Management tools
- Using the central document repository, to ensure knowledge sharing across the team and enable best practice
- A relevant degree with at least 5 years of experience as technical sales support in network environment
- CCNA certified CCNA certified (CCNP will be added advantage)
- Good knowledge in network systems, communications interfaces protocols, circuits, hardware and diagnostic tools
- Good experience on deploying security solutions such as Cisco ASA, FTD, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, McAfee IDS/IPS, F5 and Other network security systems
- Good knowledge in the below: Network - MPLS, MetroE, p2p NFV – SDN, SDWAN, ACI, NSX Routing - Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), QoS, route-map, PBR Switching – Stack, VSS, VDC, VPC, FHRP, FEX, Link aggregation, port security Firewall – Virtual context, ACL, NAT, Routing, IPsec Site-to-Site VPN, Remote access VPN, SSL vpn IPS/IDS sensor installation & policy configuration Loadbalancer – Virtual server, service group Network device Monitoring (Availability, performance, utilization) VOIP – CUCM, CUPC, unity server & Voice Gateway operation Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Troubleshoot critical incidents
- Report generation
- Change process
- Good written and communication skills and ability to present confidently
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.